Sunday, December 23, 2012

Week One: Welcome to TSW

It has finally been a week. Here is what has happened so far:

Day 1: blissfully unaware of what was about to happen. All I cared about was being cured from this awful embarrassing rash and figured that my withdrawal process wouldn't be so bad. 

Day 2: Woke up to bright red splotches on my shoulders, chest, neck, and face. Under eyes were also swollen. Main issue was itchy eyes. Started using Benadryl to sleep through the itch.

Day 3: Things start to get a little sucky.  Woke up to the same splotches (not too itchy but feel very raw), eyes are now swollen on top and bottom along with the rest of my face, and there are now little red bumps that span from my chest to my upper thighs. Also lots of eye goop. Purchased a hot/cold ice pack to help the itch. Had to take a Benadryl before bed and again 2am in order to sleep. Switched from eucerin cream to shea butter.

Day 4: Things are the same. It has only been a few days of itching and discomfort but it feels like forever.

Day 5: No change in symptoms. I Read a blog today that mentioned that their first flair lasted four months. FOUR FREAKING MONTHS! This did not help the pitty party. I obviously have not done enough research.

Day 6: Went out today, luckily it's winter and I can cover up most of the red areas. Feeling less raw and more dry and itchy today.

Day 7: Much more optimistic. I slept through the night without benadryl and not on my back. Splotches are much dryer and less raw which I prefer. Face is visibly dry and flaky which looks gross but nothing a little moisturizer can't fix. Keeping in mind that God would not have given me this challenge if I couldn't handle it.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed renewed day by day 2Corinthians4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment