Friday, April 12, 2013

Week 18: So Much Healing Going On Here

4.7.13 Day 120: The picture didn't catchy how flaky my arm was very well, but it was looking a little dry.


4.10.13 Day 123: Washed and vacuumed my car. I have owned this car for maybe a month and this is what it looked like pre-vacuum. (this isn't even the worst, I have been wiping these areas off with my hands. Just imagine how bad the creases in my seats and the floor were...) It was embarrassing to have anyone in the car with me. What if they notice/realize what all of the white dots are.



4.11.13 Day 124: My face and neck have been looking pretty awesome, but they have also been pretty uncomfortable. Moving my neck too much feels uncomfortable and itchy. My face is less visibly dry (just small flakes), but feels like I have an extra layer on me. Not sure if this is related or not, but my hands (underside, not the red side) has been extremely sensitive to paper. Just touching it feels awful and gives me chills lately.

4.12.13 Day 125: Last day of my full time unpaid internship (aka I only have one job and get to sleep sometimes again!)!!! Packing up to visit my dad in New Jersey tomorrow. Also hydrating like crazy for the plane ride (recirculated air does nothing good for your skin). When I purchased my tickets a few months ago, I was worried about whether or not I would be in a bad flare (would I be able to sit through a five hour plane ride? could I go into the city and not moisturize/bathe all day?) I am so thankful that I am at the end stages and will be able to enjoy this trip. Although, I did check a bag so I could bring my special lotion and soaps. :)

4.13.13 Day 126: Made it through my flight with no significant skin changes :)
Excited for a week in New Jersey with my Dad! 


Song of the week: "Now I'll be bold, as well as strong. And use my head alongside my heart. So tam e my flesh, and fix my eyes. A Tethered mind freed from the lies." Mumford & Sons - I Will Wait 


3 comments:

  1. Hi there, I have been looking for someone who is from/lives in NJ (as I do) and suffers from TSW. I suspect that what I am experiencing is TSW but have yet to find a doctor with knowledge of it. Any information you can share with me would be greatly appreciate. Please, feel free to email me (I think I'm commenting using my gmail account).

    All the best,
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so it doesn't look like I was commenting using my gmail account. If you're not comfortable responding with another comment, please, let me know and I will give you my email address. Thanks again.

    -Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was actually just visiting my dad in NJ but I would be happy to talk with you. The ITSAN forum and Facebook support groups are really wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete