Sunday, June 9, 2013

Week 26: Still torn about Bikram Yoga...

6.2.13 Day 176 - 6.8.13 Day 182: 

  • Wore makeup just about every day this week just fine! There is just a bit of dryness around my mouth still 
  • Still taking Atarax at night for the discomfort on my neck 
  • Arms are still flared and flaking like crazy around the creases 
  • front and backs of shoulders are still rashy 
  • Finally able to workout without the sweat burning my skin 
  • Survived my first Bikram yoga class, aka yoga in a 105 degree and 40% humidity room for those of you who didn't know 
    • Pro - sweating and detoxing felt great 
    • Con - I scratched during the class and ended up tearing myself up. First I was just red all over, then once that died down I had BRIGHT red scratch marks on my face, neck, arms, chest. I had to cover my arms and layer on the makeup so that I wouldn't look scary at camp. I think I will try the class again and just try really hard not to scratch with my nails. 
Back of right shoulder

chest/neck

Back of left shoulder

Neck/chest









Song of the Week: "And I've been known to take a big chance but I can't waste another shot at redemption. Oh I'm ready don't let me go passing through the wrong hands, wrong hands. My confidence is in crisis mode, your fingertips well they know the code. Release me and take other piece of me and there won't be another left. C'mon release me, release me take onother piece of me and there won't be another left unless you let go." Release Me - Jack's Mannequin




2 comments:

  1. A fellow TSWer on week 4 for me. I've been a casual bikram yoga practitioner but I must say once I tried it during TSW, it made my skin burn especially by one hour in. When I stepped out, my skin was instantly dry. I'm not sure if the net benefit is good for us since it causes your body to inflame a while before benefits are reaped. Hope to hear more about bikram if you keep going!

    -Megan
    http://steroidfreeskin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I went twice and gave up. It just left my skin worse off than I started with. I may try it again once I am fully healed.

    ReplyDelete