Sunday, March 24, 2013

Week 14: Here We Go Again...Another Micro Flare

3.10.13 Day 92 - 3.16.13 Day 98 Eyelids (mainly the right one) and face flared. Couldn't fall asleep last night because my chin/neck hurt too much. Hands And forearms burn for quite a bit after a shower or Applying lotion. Fingers have a lot of liquid filled blisters. I'm wondering if this flare could have been stress induced? My car broke down for the last time this weekend and I had to buy a new one (hello car payment!) So bad news - flare up, good news - no longer have to worry about my car overheating at stop lights.















3/11/13 Went to a new doctors office , and spoke to a new physicians assistant. She didn't seem to buy the idea that my red itchy skin was from steroid withdrawal because I never used oral steroids. But she also didn't fight me on the topic after i showed her my pics from a month ago. and gave me a prescription for Atarax to help with the itch at night.

3/12/13 I really fought with myself over whether or not to use the Atarax prescription. Prescription medications are what got me into this mess so I am feeling really hesitant about using anything other than ibuprofen and benedryl. I ended up filling the prescription and the pharmacist assured me that it was nothing to worry about...

3/13/13 Atarax is THE BEST thing ever invented. I normally get into bed and my neck bothers me so much that I have to either constantly rub it or put a blanket under my chin. I had NONE of this last night with the Atarax. This have me the best sleep I have had in months! Even so, I had to take the day off from my internship to sleep since this latest flare is sucking up all of my energy. I also had to take this week off from working out in order to get an extra hour or two of sleep :(

3/16/13 Went home for the night to visit my dad and sister. Finally feeling well enough to have pictures taken!

I have also found that extra large margaritas help with tsw :)

Song of the Week: "These battle scars don't look like their fading, don't look like their ever going away, they ain't never gonna change." Guy Sebastian - Battle Scars

No comments:

Post a Comment