Sunday, March 24, 2013

Week 15: Day 100 is Finally Here!

3.17.13 Day 99: Enjoyed some green beers and watched the fountain turn green back home with my Dad and sister (no green beer for Riley). I am starting to believe that my body somehow knows when I want to wear makeup. I really thought about putting some on and my eyelid immediately started hurting...so I guess no makeup for a little while longer.



3.18.13 DAY 100!!!!!: All the little blisters on my fingers are officially gone and my hands don't look quite as red and wrinkly. Face is still very dry and flaky around my mouth (where I used a lot of steroids). Making it to 100 days has been my big mental goal. I feel like getting to this point means that I have completed a huge part of my withdrawal process. Hopefully the worst is behind me and there will be more good days than bad in my future.

Some other happy things:
-I have officially started switching to all natural homemade cleaning products (baking-soda, white vinegar, etc) and natural soaps (no more antibacterial). Watch the documentary Chemercial of Netflix and you will want to switch too.
- my friend was prescribed a medium/high strength topical steroid for a small dry rash, but after seeing what I am going through, chose NOT to use them. I am so happy that my experience may have prevented someone else from going through the same thing.



3.19.13 Day 101: A big thank you to my brother Chris for giving me tickets to the Andrew McMahon concert! (Andrew McMahon was the lead singer for Something Corporate and Jack's Mannequin. You may notice that he is featured on my blog ALL the time). It was AMAZING and a great way to celebrate 100 days steroid free! AND I wore makeup and didn't flare, so hooray!
Ethan and I at the Andrew McMahon concert
We had the best spots hands down

3.20.13 Day 102 - 3.23.13 Day 105: Things are pretty much the same, face is still shedding on and off (haven't worn makeup since Tuesday, don't want to push my luck). I swear my hands are one shade less pink and a lot less wrinkly looking. The creases in my arms are red now and look more like when I had eczema. 

*I threw out my old body wash that would burn my skin if I didn't rinse it off immediately and switched to a natural sea salt soap bar. This stuff is amazing! It doesn't burn (a little from the salt on the cuts on the tops of my hands) and doesn't suck all the moisture out of my skin like normal bars of soap. I will post it on the "things I like" page as soon once I go grocery shopping and can get a picture of the label. 

Song of the Week: "I can't remember when the earth turned slowly, so I just waited with the lights turned out again. I've lost my place but I can't stop this story. I've found my way but until then, I'm only spinning." - Jack's Mannequin "Spinning" 



No comments:

Post a Comment