Sunday, May 19, 2013

Week 22: Graduation!

5.6.13 Day 149: Wrists and hands are flaring. They are red and covered in tons of bumps. The skin feels thick, leathery, and itchy, but hurts when scratched. The wrinkling when I flex my wrists is painful.

5.7.13 Day 150(!!!): Hands have toned down SLIGHTLY, but the crooks of my elbows and forearms are flared with the bumps too. I had to pull out my long sleeve shirt that is tight at the wrists so that I could't scratch in my sleep. I haven't had to use this in quite a while. :( The pictures really aren't doing the bumps on my arms justice.











5.9.13 Day 152: I graduated Cum Laude from Arizona State University with a B.S. in Tourism Development and Management, and a certificate in Meeting Planning and Convention Sales! So thankful I did not let withdrawal push my graduation back a semester. The previous hand/arm flare had also faded away by this day :) Also, wore makeup and didn't die!
Look at that amazing flake/redness free face!

Started itching in the million degree Arizona oven 
5.10.13 Day 153: Went to watch Ethan graduate this morning (Cum Laude, B.S. in Biochemistry and minors in Biology and Antrhopology! I'm so proud!) Then I went into a CHLORINE POOL and DID NOT DIE! Just a little burning on my forearms and some flaky dryness after. Then, I wore makeup for the second day in a row! This would have never been possible at all during the last five months. It was a day full of milestones. :)
Photo evidence that I did indeed get into the pool

if you look closely, you can see that my hands are still super wrinkly 


5.11.13 Day 154: Wore makeup for the third day in a row and my skin was fine. This is a new record.

Song of the Week: "But she learned to day, but she learned to dance, you can learn to dance, in this world when there's no tomorrow" - Learn to Dance Andrew McMahon



4 comments:

  1. My hands get the weird excess skin too! What have the steroids do e to us?

    You look lovely on your graduation photos though. Congratulations! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your photos while searching for my red skin problems and I think i have finally found an answer. I have been on and off the same flare up path for the last 5 month, but I didn't know what I had and were loosing hope at that point. I had been cutting back on my cortisone cream and stopped it completely a while ago to go a more natural way of skin care. I have been gluten and everything else on the earth free for weeks at a time and there was not much left to leave out of my diet ... still no improvement whatsoever.
    I do believe now I have the topical steroid withdrawl and just wanted to thank you for your blog or I would have never found out about this and I want to wish you all the best and that you heal completely and will never ever have to live through that hell again. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm so glad that my story was able to help you! Good luck in your healing journey, stay strong!

    ReplyDelete