Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Week 24: Redness, and Bumps, and Itching, Oh My!



5.20.13 Day 163: Arms are Flaring with a capital F. Red, itchy, dry, awful. Its like my skin decided to give me a break for graduation and wisdom teeth and is now back with a vengeance.
Right Arm

Left Arm, band aid is to cover where I broke the skin

and here is my neck which has been giving me grief lately
5.21.13 Day 164: I swear its spreading up and down my arm from the crease. Trying to stay in the air conditioning so that I can wear long sleeves :( To make it better, some complete stranger at work looks at me and says "omg you are SOOO tan!" Now if you have seen a single one of my pictures you would know that I am as white as it gets and this was obviously a poorly executed insult on my appearance. So I am dealing with a flare, my face is STILL swollen and hurting, and now I have this girl making fun of me to my face. You really just can't win with people. Well girl that is so tan its gross, being white means that I'm NOT RED, so screw you. K, that was my rant, I promise I'm done. :)

upper right arm
lower right arm


lower left arm
On a happy note: My Dad's new book Sometimes Jennifer is available in paperback or download on Amazon! I am only about halfway through so far but I can vouch that it is awesome. Here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Sometimes-Jennifer-Terry-W-Combs/dp/1468147285/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369200823&sr=8-1&keywords=sometimes+jennifer


5.23.13 : poor arms... 


Also here is a wonderful video that itsan just released of Dr. R discussing topical steroid addiction vs. eczema: 
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Y3Q5REkAKck&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DY3Q5REkAKck I will embed the video once I'm on a real computer instead of my phone :) 

Song of the Week: "Come on skinny love just last the year. Pour a little salt, we were never here...I tell my love to go and wreck it all. Cut off all the ropes and let me fall. My, my , my, my, my, my, my, my, but right in this moment, this order's tall. And I told told you be patient, and I told you to be fine, and I told you to be balanced, and I told you to be kind."

5 comments:

  1. Heya! Wow, my arms look just like yours! Your blog has really just confirmed to me that i have TSW. ALthough I knew i did, but being that i have darker skin, my TSW has looked a bit different, the red is camouflaged by my skin color. But these pics really helped me! Keep on keeping on! all the best

    asteroidfreelife.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TSW stands for Topical Steroid Withdrawal. Check out itsan.org for more information on the topic

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy that this has helped you confirm your TSW. Best of luck to you and your healing, stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there... try switching to "free & clear" detergent. I was having this problem on my neck from wearing those neck mask all day. Switched detergents and it seemed to go away.

    ReplyDelete